Am in the MOOD for SMELLY BEANS HaHaHaHa…
Forgive me am about to have my period so my appetite is weird.
But i have always love smelly beans, i just cant eat them all the time.
Esp, when my man around😀
So, Here is what am cookin today🙂
– 700gr sirloin beef
– 10 Jengkol (Smelly beans), u can actually replace it with potatoes
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3 cloves, bruised
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 500ml water
– oil for deep frying
– 2cm galangal, bruised
– 1 salam leaves
– 1 tablespoon palm sugar
– 1 calamansi lime, freshly squeezed
– 6 shallots
– 3 cloves
– 9 red finger-length chillies
1. Boil water, add the beef, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. Simmered uncover for 3 to 5 minutes or until the beef is half cooked. Remove the beef from the pan, then slices into thin strips.
2. On a different pan, boil Jengkol until cooked, de-skinned, separate.
3. Prepare the paste by grinding all the sambal paste ingredient to a smooth paste in a mortar or blender, add a little water to keep the mixture turning.
4. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until hot. Deep fry the beef strips for 2-3 minutes until browned and cooked. Remove the hot oil and drain on paper towels. Then do the same with Jengkol.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok over medium heat and stir fry the Sambal paste until fragrant, 3-5 minutes. Add palm sugar, galangal, lime juice and salam leaves, stir fry until all blended. Add the fried beef and jengkol. Mix until beef and jengkol covered by the sambal paste.
6. Serve n ready to be eaten.
As you can see, there is prawns in my picture, i added fried prawn cuz i love prawn and so i have option rather than just beef.
PS: Pix can also be found on my flickr albums.